Friday, October 1, 2010

Figure Skating!

So today I got to skip my last class (English...I think I better find out what we did, I really need to pay attention in that class...), to go with Ernesto, Eva, and Monika to Bratislava to watch a figure skating competition. It was so much fun! There were about 15 skaters, all ages 15 to 17, I think. The final places: 1st, a girl from Japan (pictured), 2nd a girl from Italy, and 3rd, a girl from Sweden. It was ahmazing to watch.

After we got back to Piestany, Ernesto and I watched Monika's practice. She is sooooo good!!! I think in the entire practice (it was about 2 hours, I think) she only fell once! At least, only once that I saw. This girl is going to be famous one day.

So, on the subject of skating...I'm going to take lessons! I think I will start a week from tomorrow, depending on when we can find some skates for me to borrow that fit my ginormous feet...I might have to buy my own though. Don't worry, I'm just going to buy the cheap-y fun kind, not the uber-competitive kind. (Difference in price: 20 euros to 500 euros.) But I'm super excited! As some of you may know, I already know how to skate forwards, run into things, and fall. I hope to learn how to stop, turn, and skate backwards, but I'll be happy if I can just learn how to stop gracefully. =]

3 comments:

  1. I expect to see video of you doing a double axel before 2011. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a blast with the skating. Myself, I can only skate in hockey skates (well, I don't know that, but it's been a very long time since I had any other kind of skate on). I can go like, well, fast, forward - and I never really worried about stopping. People just think it's normal when you run into walls and other players in hockey...

    ReplyDelete