Friday, March 18, 2011

Trying to Keep You All in the Loop (:

So, I just realized that I haven't posted in like a week. Whoops.

Let's see...last weekend I went out with friends Friday night. Then Saturday I stayed home, because my new host aunt, uncle, and cousins visited. They used to live in Canada, but moved back to Slovakia three years ago, so it was fun for me to be able to talk without having to worry about using words that everyone knows. And also, it's fun to meet new teenagers. On Sunday we had a BBQ, and it was super fun. It was really warm out, finally it is spring. (Actually, it feels like yesterday was fall, so it's not really finally...) I got to play catch with my host cousins (with my American football - yay for having someone who already knew how to throw a spiral!)

This week, school was not normal...the seniors had exams Tuesday - Thursday, so we all had to be out of the building. On Tuesday my class was helping to clean a park. We were done by about 10:30, so that was pretty good. On Wednesday we saw a documentary, I think about taking care of the environment and such. (It was in Czech, so I didn't understand a whole lot of the narrator.) Then Thursday, I went to Bratislava with Eva and Monika, because Monika had a press conference. We went shopping first (although I didn't buy anything, since my father doesn't understand the need to buy clothes - hello, teenage girl here! Just kidding, I love you, Daddy. But I would also love some more money...haha) and then to the ice arena.

So far this weekend (it is only Friday) I went out with friends to a tea shop. It was fun, I feel like I now have a "group" again, which is very nice. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow, but Sunday Ernesto and I head to Jasna to go skiing! Yay! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment