Friday, December 24, 2010

You Call THAT Tap?

Hey everyone. I could say that I haven't blogged because I have been busy, but truthfully, I have just completely forgotten.

My Dance Class
Ok, so the 13th and 14th, I had my dance performance. My class did our tango. It was really fun, and I got to see most of the other dances. I must admit, my entire class was busting up laughing when we watched the tap dancers...(there was only one class of 3 girls tapping)...because they have seen me tap. And these girls have been tapping for 7 years (I tapped for 8), and wow. Let me just say, when my mom took one year of adult tap class, they were better then these girls. (Don't get me wrong, my mom is a great dancer, but some of the other people in her class...not so much.) So we found it completely hilarious. And the girls in my class told me that the tappers think they are "so cool" because they are the only tap dancers...HAHA.

My ice skating lessons are going amazing! I can do spins, and sorta go backwards, and im learning a (very) simple jump. As in, I don't spin, but I still get some air! (: I also can skate on one leg, and I can (finally) skate crossing my legs. It's pretty sweet.

I saw my future host sister compete last Saturday. She got first place, making her the Slovakia National Junior Champion, or something like that. All I know is, she's an amazing skater, and she gets to compete in South Korea in February. Go Monika!

Right now I am on Christmas Break. My first day off was the 23rd, and I go back to school the 10th of January.

In school Tuesday, we had "Christmas Market". Basically, each class that wanted to set up sweets and small things to sell in their classrooms. It was really fun. Then Wednesday, there was a show in school. All of the graduating students had things in the show, mostly dances, and a few other people performed, too. (Including the  three tap dancers, LOL) It was really cool to see. And I think Holton needs to do this next year(:

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Kelly! I look forward to reading about how you celebrate Christmas in Slovakia. Midnight mass? Special dinner? Caroling? Nothing? Let us know! - CJMc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any video of your dance performance?

    Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tomorrow when im not super tired ill blog bout xmas.
    yes, but im not sure if i can get a copy...ill see what i can do(:

    ReplyDelete